Saturday, April 10, 2010

Control Freak

Don't you find it difficult when you have to wait on people to do things for you?

I think it's a matter of control. I've been trying lately to not be so bothered by the fact that sometimes, things are just out of my hands. Maybe I'm a control freak who would be the worst kind of micro-manager, but even the very act of delegating allows a certain degree of control.

I mention this because a lot of things that happen (and will happen) between now and the end of the semester are beyond my control.

I can't control when employers call me.

I can't control when Dr. XYZ gets back to me about this or that assignment.

I can't control what XYZ will ask for my orals exam.

I can't control when and what kind of assignments ABC will give me at work and when and how they want them done.

In general, I'm unsure that I even control 90% of the course of my life. I probably don't and I find it extremely unnerving. One of the first things they teach you at church is that you have to give up a certain degree of control to God and trust that he will lead you down the right path. Sounds good conceptually, but I have to tell ya, It's very hard to do.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.