Monday, October 27, 2008

Blog III

I can't say that I've really gotten started on my weight loss mission yet. It's a very hard thing to do, getting me motivated. I probably shouldn't have had the Chunky Monkey last night, but hey, that was the first night that I could honestly say that I was 100% and felt the need to celebrate. Was I wrong? Basically, yes. Oh well, moving forward. Remember, it has to be baby steps.

One of the goals I had set for myself for this week was on my water consumption. Back when I was losing a lot of weight, I would drink over a gallon a day. It's a fairly meetable goal, but I failed pretty miserably at it. I drink a lot of diet soda, and while it's not bad for me, it's not ideal. That's ok though, there's still time this week to not mess it up. It's actually one of the few things that I can do when my diet is screwed up for the next few days because of my PET scan.

I guess it's ok. My appitite has been way down since I stopped taking the steroids. It seems to be less than it was even during my off weeks while I was actually on the chemo. Perhaps it's psychological, I knew the chemo was coming before, so I would justify the eating by thinking I should enjoy it while I could. Yeah, that's the ticket! But now, I know there is no more chemo coming so I don't feel the same need to eat. That chemo does crazy things to your though process, eh?

Oh, and by the way, I didn't do the elliptical runner like I said I was going to. It's hard to find the motivation to workout at all since I can't lift. Ugh.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.