Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In a certain sense, I know how Heath Ledger felt. Before his death he suffered from raging insomnia and anxeity. This, in turn, led to his addiction to perscription drugs, which eventually caused his death. I don't know exactly how he felt, but I know how it feels to have your mind racing a mile a minute all the time. It makes it hard to sleep, hard to relax, hard to keep your nerves steady and frankly, its exhausting. All the troubles of the world latch on to you and linger.

I don't abuse perscription or any other kind of drug, but I cope in other unhealthy ways. My binge eating problem has long been a symptom of some deeper emptiness. I annoy people with my constant neediness. Sometimes I spend all day just seeking human contact to get some sort of approval.

It's not the same as drug abuse, but it's on the same highway. Once you get going in that direction, it's hard to turn back.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.