Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life in the Slow Lane: Feb., 23rd edition

I've come to a strange conclusion lately. It seems weird to say, but perhaps getting cancer is the best thing that ever happened to me. Of course it was an unpleasant experience and shifted the direction of my life a bit, but you know what? Everything that has happened as a result of it have been beneficial. The extra time I was forced to spend in Farmington really help me solidify certain relationships that have become very important to me. It also forced me to take a long, hard look at myself and help reevaluate my priorities. Perhaps everybody should deal with some sort of hardship like that and compel them to take a look at themselves.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.