Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jobs blah

This week I was confronted with the dilemma that anybody who posts their personal journal online faces. How much of yourself do you share? In most cases, this isn't a huge issue because people who regularly read this blog know that I can be a bit moody so my emo or political rants don't really come as a surprise to anybody.

One area, however, where a little more caution needs to be shown is with my job search. There are two reasons for this. One, some of my classmates (i.e. the competition) may read the blog. I post a few of the entries on facebook, so people are aware of it. I don't know if any of them do read it or not, but who knows, right? Not that I mind the competition per-se, I just don't like the discussion. The reason I did or didn't apply for that job is my own and I hate having to justify it, if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't.

The second reason is that future employers may read it. Yeah, it's a stretch, but I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't post stuff anywhere on the internet and not expect people to see it. You see it happening all the time.

Maybe once things are a little more certain, I'll post more about that subject on the blog.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.