Saturday, March 20, 2010

One Step Back Two Steps Forward


It's been the story of my life for the past few years, something awful happens, then, almost instantly, something really great follows right behind it, often better than the first thing. It's one step back, but two steps forward.


The most obvious example of this was my cancer diagnosis. About the most awful news a person could hear, right? But from that terrible experience an abundance of awesomeness has sprouted and nearly everything in my life from that point forward has been pushing me in a more positive direction. Because of this, I was kept in town for about 6 months longer than I had originally planned and during that time I solidified my relationships with some really great people, people I would have probably never known that well (and possibly forgotten) had it not been for that extra time. Cancer won't always be in your body, but good relationships can leave a lasting impression.



I mention this because of some new, and interesting, developments in my job search. A few weeks ago I was feeling really bummed because a few of my early prospects had fallen through and I was about out of ideas. On a whim, I checked the website of a place I really wanted to work, one that hadn't been hiring, and saw that they had an opening. That's all I'm going to say right now because it isn't a done deal yet, but everything seems almost too perfect for it not to be meant to be. It really has fit the pattern of my recent life.



It's true, we are all on a path to something and along the way God leaves both opportunities and obstacles and often times, they are one and the same.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.