Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Mellowness

I'm trying to be a different person.

One of the after effects of my illness is, I think, that I'm 1000x's more mellow than I used to be. Anxiety and obsessive compulsiveness was how I was and were large elements of Brian's Grand Pity Party that was such a horrible influence on me during my undergraduate years. I admit, now, that certain things just don't matter as much anymore.

But I'm not completely there yet.

I have a job interview tomorrow, for example, and most of the time I'm feeling just fine about it and am fairly calm, cool and collected. But I admit, there are periods of time where I am royally freaking out. I really don't know why, though. I'm fairly well prepared for whatever questions they ask and if I was meant to have this job, I will.

That, to me, is the key to happiness in this world. Do the best you can do to achieve a certain goal, but beyond that, don't worry about it because God's plans don't always intersect your own.


No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.