Friday, May 21, 2010

Expectations vs. Reality

I think I expected too much. All last semester I had the idea firmly implanted into my brain that I was going to have a job as soon as the school let out. I had some nibbles and I was really close a few times, but here it is, the end of the semester and I still haven't found anything. I've had some really wild fluctuations in mood lately and it's all due to this expectations-reality disconnect.

In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't a huge deal. I'll find something and knowing how things always seems to work out for me in the end, something better than I could have ever imagined. But the waiting is just brutal. I think some people just aren't wired to sit around and wait for things, and perhaps that's how I am too.

Lots of free time hasn't been my friend, but perhaps we should learn to tolerate each other a little more.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.