Friday, May 28, 2010

Some Thoughts on Confidence


Morning blog:


I've been on a bit of a roller coaster lately. Not that anything necessarily has been happening in my life, but maybe that's the problem, nothing at all has been happening (job wise, personally things have been happening, but more on that later). In and of itself that isn't really a bad thing, but it has given me a lot of time to think and when I start thinking, sometimes bad things happen.



The key word is confidence. I simply don't have any and it is really starting to become a problem. I've spent the vast majority of my life thinking I was a loser who isn't worth anybody's time and that is a hard habit to break. How does one even begin building themselves up again?



To me, the most important part of confidence is being comfortable with who you are. For too long I've had this notion that I need to impress people and change to who they want me to be just so they can like me. That's not strong and confident. It's weak and pathetic because in the end, not only can the person you are trying to impress see right through it, but you end up only more stressed out yourself because you are constantly worried about if you've changed enough.



Bottom line is this: you should be happy with who you are and not try to change to fit other's needs. A little change isn't bad, but personalities are what they are.



No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.