Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Diary

I used to do this whole month in review thing over on Myspace, but once I realized that it has became the New Delhi slum of the online world, I stopped going regularly. What was once a staple of my online existence is now a mere sideshow. Facebook is considerably better. It looks like ol' Rupert hitched his horse to the wrong wagon when he bought that thing back in 2005.

But I'm getting off track. What I really meant to say was that I used regularly write in my Myspace blog, but since I stopped going there as often, I stopped doing that completely. I just never picked up the month in review thing again. But I figure it's time. I always enjoy writing them even if you don't particularly like reading them.

January has been a rather eventful month. Not only is it a new year, but it is a new decade as well. One of the best things about this last month, I'd say, is that not only did we get best of 2009 lists (which I'm a sucker for), but we also got best of the decade lists. EPIC YAY! Two sets of lists! Ok, maybe that's a stupid thing to get excited about, but screw you, this is my blog.

After a pretty good month back home, I came back to school and am once again trying to get settled back into the ho-hum life. This is supposed to be my final semester before I get my MA, but I keep getting this horrible feeling that something (or someone) is about to royally screw me over and delay my graduation. It probably won't happen and I'm trying to cover my tracks the best I can to prevent it from happening, but the feeling won't go away.

School hasn't really picked up yet and I haven't had a whole lot to do. This could potentially be an easy semester for me. I only have 3 classes and one of them is essentially an undergrad class that the professor told me directly should be easy. I think she underestimates my ability to be confused by international trade.

Going to work has been essentially pointless since I've gotten back into town. A medium stink was raised about me being back a little bit later than I was supposed to, but they've had almost nothing for me to do the whole time. I only work 10 hours a week, but a good quarter of that is spent by me screwing around on Facebook because there is nothing else to do. Sounds fun, but trust me, it gets boring. They had originally told me that I'd be getting 20 hours a week working on some green jobs project, but, naturally, it has been held up by some bureaucratic delays and probably won't be done until the end of February. Nice. I learned that this project was being funded through the stimulus and I suppose it wasn't "shovel ready".

Oh well..... the world still spins.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.