Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday July 11

A day in the life of a Hastings employee:
Angry Maybe Customer Maybe Not on Phone: Is Rhonda there?
Me (AKA confused and busy Hastings employee): Like, somebody who works here named Rhonda?
AMCMNP: Uh, yeah?
Me: Um..... hold on
Me, to person next to me: There isn't a Rhonda that works here is there?
PNM: Uh.... no?
Me, to AMCMNP: Uh, there's no Rhonda that works here
AMCMNP: You are Hastings, right, the one by Clancy's (local bar)?
Me: Uh yeah, that's the one, but Rhonda doesn't work here
AMCMNP: Sure?
Me: Yes
AMCMNP (angry that Rhonda doesn't work here): HMMMPH!

I'm sorry that Rhonda doesn't work here and has never worked here?

----

I noticed a bizarre sign in the locker room at the gym today saying, basically, that this is a family zone and show all necessary precaution because of the kids around changing to use the pool. I thought that this was a wonderfully subtle way to tell all the old (often fat) guys who like to walk around naked in the locker room to cover up. At one of my previous gyms, the Royal Spa, this sort of thing got so out of hand it was almost uncomfortable to go in there at all!

2 comments:

Requoter said...

I've had a similar situation back when I worked at a convenience store. Although the man on the phone tried to convince me that someone named Kristy worked at that place for a long time and that I better get her on the phone or I'll be sorry.

PS. Does Hastings still exist? I haven't seen them in like 5 years.

kikachuck said...

Yeah, we still exist. 150+ stores, actually. A lot of them in New Mexico and Texas

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.