Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday July 21

I was in an extremely foul mood on Sunday. I get that way sometimes when I usually do nothing but lie around the house all day, but this one was strange because I both worked AND went to the gym. Odd, odd day. In this mood I did something extremely impulsive. I won't say what it was, but the next day I was shocked that I did it because it was so out of character. Oddly enough, however, I don't think I regret it. Things will probably be different, I doubt they will be worse, and they might even be better. I was tempted to even take it a few steps further but glad I didn't because then I probably would have regretted it.

But here's the bottom line: I'm ultimately alone. People can hear me out, sympathize, pretend, but there just aren't a lot of people who get it or me. That's why cancer (and the aftermath) at such a young age is a total bitch... there just aren't a lot of other people out there with the same problem.

----

TV DVD's are such a great thing, hard to imagine how a show could have had any long lasting appeal without them. They saved Family Guy, and make it possible for a whole new group of fans to develop for a show even after it isn't on the air anymore.

I started watching Dexter on DVD the other day. Yeah, the show is still on the air, but I never would have started watching it if there wasn't the DVD's. Great great show. He is such a wonderful character and he is played perfectly. Before I started watching, I always got the impression that Dexter was some sort of happy guy serial killer, but he's really not. Yeah, he kills bad guys, but he is also a dark and troubled person, who has some very real flaws. Psychological trauma as a child will do that to you. I'm not sure how the series is going to end, but I find it interesting.

The problem I have, however, is with the sister. I just don't think her character is well written. Some of her lines are kind of. well. dumb. I guess you can't expect perfection, but yesh, give her some good lines!

----

The Emmy nominations that came out the other day both infuriated and delighted me. 30 Rock! Lord, explain the appeal of this stupid ass show to me?!? I think the reason it is so popular with the Emmy academy of somesort type people, is that it is basically about them, the t.v. industry. Pure, 100% vanity. Disgusting

On the upside, however, I was glad to see Aaron Paul get a nomination for Breaking Bad. I was confused as to how he didn't get one last year, but this year, his character is a million times better. I feel a special sense of pride in this because it was I who created the Aaron Paul wikipedia page. It has been developed some, but largely still as I left it. I'm so proud.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.