Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday July 18

Ugh.... one of THOSE days. I had to close last night, got out around midnight, then I had to open this morning at about 9. That sort of thing always puts me in a crabby mood as it is, but on top of it, I had a royal douche bag as a customer.

Started out innocently enough, she and her boyfriend had a few things and a box of Milk Duds. I scan the Milk Duds twice on accident, which meant that the second bar code got entered in as the price, 700 dollar Milk Duds... crazy eh? It's not unusual, the candy has a real sensitive bar code and most people just laugh it off and give me, literally, 30 seconds to fix it. It's an obvious error. No candy costs 700 bucks.

Instead of the usual joke about how that better be damn good candy for 700 bucks, this one got all huffy and puffy about how they weren't going to pay that much for candy. Obviously. I told them basically to chill out and give me a second to fix the error. I guess they had a problem with my tone because they went and talked to the manager about how I had an attitude problem. Of course the manager is a friend of mine and we kinda laughed it off, but I was aggravated about this for a while as this was my first complaint about my attitude in the year plus a few months that I've been there.

I guess she also had a problem with my gum chewing. Some people.

Those angry with the world fat chicks, you have to watch out for them. They bite.
----

I figured that I should mention this: it's the first anniversary of my diagnosis. July 18 2008, the day my life changed forever. Already a year has passed... hard to believe.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.