Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday July 30

I've had about 3 days off now. Time off like this is nice in some respects, but all-in-all, I don't think this much free time is good for me. I believe 100% in that old addage about idle minds being the devil's playground and I have often wondered how many of societies ills are simply by bored teenagers. Boggles the mind really.

The big thing I tend to do when I'm bored is eat too much. I don't know why, but that seems to be where I go when I'm any emotion other than happy. When I'm bored I eat. When I'm tired I eat. When I'm stressed I eat. When I'm depressed I eat. I don't know why I do this. I really need a different hobby.

The last few weeks I've kind of had the perfect storm: bored, depressed and a little angry. So naturally, I ate. Then I got frustrated when my weight went up despite all the working out I do and, of course, I ate.

Story of my life

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.