Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday August 21

I suppose I should say a few words about the first day of school: to sum it up, I would say it was alright. Not great, but not terrible.

The day started off kind of strange. I made a complete and total time miscalculation and was very nearly late to class the first day. I didn't quite anticipate the line of traffic being backed up from the school all the way to the off-ramp. Good thing I know the back ways and exactly where I was going or I would have been really, really late. I should have known better, but hey, sometimes I'm not as smart as I pretend to be.

Of course it ultimately didn't matter, the professor was late himself, which knowing what I know about this guy, didn't surprise me at all. Just another day at the NMSU grad school, right? After going to all the classes, though, I concluded 3 things:

first: only one of my classes should involve a serious amount of work. This is good because my schedule is going to be a little more pressed as it is, but I still think it's going to get fairly busy due simply to the fact that I have 4 classes this semester and a job.

two: probably won't know for sure if I made the right decision about switching concentrations until the end of the semester, at which point, it will probably be too late. I made my bed, now I have to lie in it.

three: still haven't been able to get an accurate read on my classmates. I don't know if they think I'm some joke weirdo or.... uh.... something better? I don't know. Maybe I will never know.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.