Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday August 25

I'm really in the thick of it now. I started my new job yesterday, I only work 10 hours a week from 12-5 on Monday and Wednesday, but with my school schedule, that's plenty. I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing when I walked in and when I walked out yesterday, I still couldn't say with certainty what it is I'm actually doing. Yesterday I was just doing data entry for the whole 5 hours. I know, it sounds glamorous, but it was actually quite tedious. Not as bad as scan-pulls at Hastings though, those are tedious beyond compare. From what I could deduce, I'm sort of a free agent, they don't really have me working on any one particular project, rather, just random things from various projects that are already going on. Yeah, I'm moving up in the world.

I was, however, somewhat impressed with myself on the way in this morning. The last few mornings, the freeway has been an absolute bitch, especially the exit that goes to the university. Traffic on the school roads has been terrible too, mostly because of those damn pedestrians who don't like to watch where they are going. I don't recall such a problem last semester and it almost made me late on Thursday. Today, however, I was smarter than the traffic and took all the back roads to get where I needed to go. That is a certain advantage NMSU has over UNM, there are about 4 ways to get anywhere you need to go and if you are smart, you can get places without too much trouble. My commute in wasn't quite an epic success, because I would have liked to have been able to park closer, but I'm not one to complain about NMSU parking, it's a freaking delight compared to UNM.

As I mentioned, my first class got cancelled today which really helps me out a lot, 3 classes as opposed to 4 makes a huge difference.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.