Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday August 6

Went in to work last night to help somebody out who needed the night off. The shift started out ok, but I'm such a ditz and a social retard that the night quickly went to hell. Part of the problem is the fact that corporate is putting the squeeze on us too much and we just can't do the job that they expect us to do in the time they expect us to do it with the amount of people they expect us to do it with. It is simple math.

I also worked with this certain team leader that I always seem to screw up in front of. Actually, I screw up regardless of who it is anymore. I used to be good at my job and go several shifts without screwing up, but not anymore. I don't even really know how valuable an asset I am to this company anymore.

But the bottom line is this, I'm ready to move on again. I liked the job before, but not now and I think the only thing I'm going to miss about it is all the friends I'm going to leave behind.

----

Watched the movie Cinemania yesterday. It's a documentary about really, really intense movie buffs. They have no jobs, no friends (besides the other people like themselves) and they basically plan their lives around going to see movies and they can see almost 1,000 a year. That's more than Roger Ebert and he's paid to see a bunch of movies! What a horrible life that would be, to have such a compulsion.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.