Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday August 27

I wasn't entirely sure I'd have time to write here today, my Thursday's are jam packed. I have 4 classes and not a lot of time in-between. I'm done by 4:30, but I'm usually so brain dead by that time I usually just go home and fall into a semi-coma while watching Dexter. Good times.

Lately, though, my Monday's and Wednesday's have been pretty tedious too. At work on Monday I just did data entry and on Wednesday, I finished the data entry, but they didn't really have anything else for me, so they told me to read up on some of the studies the analysis center I work at does... i.e. busy work. I guess busy work is better than super hard work, but I couldn't help but get the notion that the time could have been better spent. I don't go back until Monday, though, so hopefully they will have something for me by then. One study, though, about the NM film industry was pretty interesting and I will have more to say on that one later.

Schoolwise, things are certainly starting to pick up. I have a micro theory homework assignment that has been looming over my head for a few days now, but I'm just now starting to get to it. It took me a few days to accurately remember my calculus and even then I'm not totally sure. Today, I was given an Excel assignment that is due the same day as the micro. I think I need to buy a copy of Excel. Two policies are conflicting here though: one is to stay away from Microsoft as much as possible, but the second is to stay away from campus as much as possible. Yes, the Open Office spreadsheet function is free, but it isn't nearly as good as Excel and doesn't do the math functions in quite the same way. I'm all about efficiency this semester, so I think I need to just buckle down and buy it. Hopefully somebody has it as a stand alone so I don't have to shell out hundreds of bucks for the whole Office program.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.