Sunday, October 18, 2009

I think I realized that junk food is having a very negative effect on my mood. I eat it. I get grumpy. I get depressed. I start bugging my friends via text. It's all a very vicious cycle and it seems to keep repeating itself. Is the taste enough to outweigh all the bad stuff it does to me?

It's like I live in Groundhog Day. I'm good with my diet and working out all week, but come Friday, I pig out and nearly ruin it all. It gets that taste for junk food and sweets in my mouth, then I'm craving it all weekend. They cycle repeats itself over and over and over and over again. So frustrating.

Over the last few years, my sweet tooth has wreaked havoc on my life. Most of my life, I never really had one. I could go months without ever eating candy or ice cream. But, come my sophmore year of college, everything went to hell. A lot of things went bad that year and I'm still dealing w/ the consequences and correct some of the habits I developed. At one point, I was eating 4 pints of ice cream a week, the premium, high calorie kind. I don't do nearly that much now, but I think it's time to take the next step and eliminate the cursed bastion of sugary goodness from my life completely.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.