Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday June 20

It's really a bad habit to go a whole week w/o writing something in the blog. Like my brother just said about studying for the PCAT, miss once and it just becomes easier and easier to skip all the time. Then, eventually, you quit altogether. The blogs I've tried to maintain are really a great metaphor for my life, start something w/ grandiouse intentions only to eventually get bored with it and quit. It always happens exactly the same way; I start out great, eventually slow, skip a few times here and there, but then eventually quit. Wonderful eh? I'm actually surprised I have been able to maintain this blog for as long as I have.

But then again, unlike some of the other things I've started, the blog is about something. It's about my post-cancer life and whatever comes P.C. (post cancer). Having purpose is important. If you don't really know where you are going with a project like this, it's easy to get discouraged and quit.

But that is a great segue into what I really wanted to say... on my myspace blog, I set out a list of certain goals I had wanted to achieve this summer. Most of it is stupid stuff, a movies list, a reading list, but other stuff is more important, like a weight goal. This stuff may not be meaningful in the strictiest sense, but in a way it is, it gives me a certain measure of accomplishment. It gives me a way to look back on this otherwise idle summer and say to myself, at least I did something, regardless of how important.

But so far, the list has been an epic fail. May was a pretty good month for it, but I don't think I've crossed anything off of it in June. I really need to hunker down and renew my efforts to get this list done. I may even bring back the monthly reading list idea I tinkered with in April, but never really followed through on...

More on this later...

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.