Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday June 23

I don't know if I've ever had a day take such a complete 180 degree turn. I woke up in one of the shittiest moods I've ever been in. I've had a fairly brutal few days at work and frankly, I sometimes think too much is expected of us lowly Hastings employees. My close also got criticized a bit, which I happen to take a bit personally. I have very thin skin. I need to work on that. My body was also just achy. From what, I'm not sure.

At around 1130, however, I got the strangest text message that I've ever gotten, from a long lost old friend whom I thought had forgotten me. There's a very long back story here, and most of the people reading this blog know who I'm talking about, so I won't re-hash it, but suffice to say I was shocked. She wanted to have lunch. I went, and it was actually really great. We got caught up and the door was left open for a re-building of the relationship.

I know now what I need to expect from this friendship. Whatever we had, whatever we were, is all in the past and I would be more than happy just to be her friend. Never have too many of those, right?

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.