Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday June 28

I think I'm having a motivation problem...

Lately, particularly at work, I'm starting to make mistakes that I had never made before. I got written up the other day for selling something below cost, I was critiqued for missing some things in the magazine rack at closing the other day and last night, some parts of my job were a little less than stellar.

It's not that I don't want to do well, I just wonder if my brain is functioning at full capacity. Generally speaking, it's not in my nature to half-ass things, even when I don't think they are particularly important, so I find these recent slips a little disturbing. Like my ability to pay attention to detail has gone totally out the window.

I don't think it's deliberate, but perhaps deep down I know that 90% of the stuff I do at Hastings doesn't matter. Some part of my brain, deep, deep down, is causing parts of my body to fail at the most basic of tasks.

I guess it's not surprising that it would eventually happen to a big picture guy like myself.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.