Sunday, March 29, 2009

Monday March 30

Woke up early..... too early.... 6:30; wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't... oh well, I guess an early start to what is typically a fairly long day. Wind is howling already.

Kind of piddled around the house this morning. Still no electricity in my bathroom... damn it all... caught up on my Google Reader.... neglected it for most of the weekend. I went to the gym around my usual time; had a pretty good workout. The half-hour on the elliptical runner always gives me time to think about things and gain deeper perspective on life. Not today though, I was focusing on nothing but how much cardio sucks... Tried to listen to some Nonpoint, the Development album, hard to get into that one, though, it's just too different from the rest of them. I guess I can say I don't like it that much, Recoil and To The Pain kick some major ass though.

When I get home from the gym, about 930, I usually waste a few hours before lunch, but I decided to make better use of my time today, I was going to do something productive and get my large pile of laundry (white shirts mostly) done because I didn't take them home with me the previous week. Naturally, the laundry room door was locked... seriously... it must be an impossibly hard task to run an apartment complex with any degree of competence because nobody can seem to quite do it. Blast it all.

Oh well, still plenty of things to do, finished up some public finance reading and worked on my econometrics for a while; still worried about this looming test, but I think things will workout just fine in the end... they usually do. I must not fret about such things, really.

I relaxed for a little while, watched a bit of Mystic River on tv... of course the good movies are always on when you don't have time to sit around and watch the whole thing. AMC seems to be doing some sort of Kevin Bacon profile this week. Of all the actors in the world, why him? He's prolific, but he kinda stinks. How is it that a guy who has been in so many movies can muster only 1 SAG award and a measly Golden Globe nomination? I don't like how he plays basically the same character in every movie.... a poor man's Tommy Lee Jones indeed. I end up liking a lot of his movies, but it's usually despite his performance. 

Came to campus a little early this evening; wanted to get some writing here in my blog done. I find it hard to concentrate on it at home... too many distractions. I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes most of the time. I'm in the lab right now instead of the library. It's peaceful here, and usually devoid of the usual grab bag of nitwits, pedophiles (seriously) and various other creepy looking people that tend to hang out in the library. Plus it has Macs... and good air conditioning, which is a must.

I have to go to public finance here in a while... ugh... I hate that class. I like the subject, hate the actual process of sitting through this class, however.... more on that later.

Writing too much.... must.exit.blogger.now

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.