Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tuesday March 24

I went and saw The Watchmen yesterday. I know, I know, it took me long enough, right? I thought it was good..... long...... but good. The Rorschach mask was cool, but I admit, I did find Dr. Manhattan's giant blue..... uh..... you know..... distracting. 

But I did realize something that I didn't like about the movie, I don't care for Patrick Wilson as an actor. As I watched him in this movie, I thought back to the other movies I saw him in (Little Children, Angles in America) and I just find him very unconvincing. I don't know... maybe it's just me, but probably not. 

I was supposed to have coffee with a friend yesterday at the Hastings coffee shop, but she didn't show up. I suspect she forgot. It's ok, I almost did too and I half expected it to happen. Truth be told, I kinda didn't want to go anyway. Sure, I like this person and wanted to spend some chit-chat time with her, but I have started to feel crushed under the burden of being so popular haha.... ok.... I'm a big fat liar.

Funny thing going back to Hastings, I hadn't realized just how much I missed the place. The job I didn't care for per-se, but I miss the people, my friends, and I especially miss the feeling that I'm important and people care or not if I show up. I don't get that feeling in my grad program. I'm an insignificant speck at an insignificant school in a program the university doesn't really care about.

Some more stuff happened today, but I'll write about it tomorrow.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.