Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday March 29

Another day, another wild roller coaster of emotion. Woke up feeling good, the bright prospect of a new week, and a fresh start after spring break, staring at me and no major hurtles to overcome in the next week. Progressed to slightly pissed, no hot water.... NEVER ANY DAMN HOT WATER. Progressed further to quite angry because there seems to be no electricity at all in my bathroom.I thought it was simply a light bulb problem, but the outlet doesn't seem to work either. Oh well, at least I have a plug-in light from right outside the door that works.... for now. This damn bathroom is always causing trouble, there also appears to be a small leak in the tube that goes from the wall to the toilet. I have a bucket under it now, but some work that is beyond my skill level (which is zero) is going to need to be done.

Did I mention there is never any hot water?

I then progressed to slightly panicked as I realized my econometric notes were nothing but (only slightly) glorified chicken scratches. I was on top of that class for a while, but I feel it's starting to get away from me. I was relieved, however, once I saw that, even if I do bomb this test, it will only be weighted as 16% of my test score, not that much. I was further relieved to find my that my book has a fairly good explanation of what I was supposed to have in my notes.... ok..... all is well...

Around mid-afternoon an odd sense of euphoria hit me and I became.... energized? No, determined is the proper word. I cannot allow this world to get me down, regardless of whatever crap gets thrown in my direction. It's funny how so strong willed I can be when things really get tough, but how easily my strength evaporates when things are good. Need to work on that.

But now, as I write this, I feel an inner peace and I am relaxed, primed and ready to take on the week.

All is well.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.