Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wednesday April 1

Felt kinda groggy when I woke up this morning, not terribly happy about it, but once I got moving about, things were good.

Rocked out to some Disturbed at the gym today, Believe album. This one is a bit different from The Sickness, a bit mellower, but it's nice. I had this one before but didn't really like it, but I don't think I gave it a fair shake though. Time will tell if I still feel this way. I also got the 1st Black Stone Cherry CD again... way better than the 2nd album... it's one of those things I had when it first came out but lost it somewhere. That seems to be happening a lot with my CD's... perhaps it's a conspiracy.

A resolution looks near on my bathroom-electrical situation. I went to the office today and he told me that there was this button on the outlet that resets the electrical jumbo (all very technical, I know) in there and that all I needed to do was reset it. He said I should be able to do that, but he'd send the guy over just in case. I found the button, reset it, and the electrical socket came to life. The overhead light, however, is still out. I'm thinking I probably screwed it up when I was messing with the light bulb. In any event, it will hopefully be taken care of by the time I get home.

Had some work to do today, so I came to campus. I had thought that I should probably study for econometrics, but since he moved the test to next Thursday (the 9th), my time would probably be better spent working on my public finance paper, which I'm woefully falling behind on. Of course, when I got here, I found that my word document was corrupt and wouldn't open.... damn you Microsoft, you foiled me again... but no worries, I worked on my data files today and got a little bit of it done. I still can't figure out the regression tools in the new Excel. I could do it in the old one easy, but this new one is really different and I don't much care for it. What is thing that tech companies have where they feel the need to change something that's perfectally nice and functional as it is without really adding anything new (listening facebook?)? The industry is obviously run by the techno geeks and not the business experts.

I figured it would also be a good time to work with the statistical software package that I will eventually have to learn how to use. I think I kinda figured it out and I should probably just screw Excel and do my project in here anyway.... I should probably buy a book... but ultimately, though, not much has been done today. Pretty much a big fat waste of time.

Nothing will probably be done tonight either because I don't much feel like it. We all have those days every now and then, but lately, I've been having a lot of them.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.