Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday April 2

Was up at about 3 this morning and the wind was already howling. Even on the worst of days, it usually isn't blowing THAT early. I figured I was in for a long, windy day today. Thankfully, I've been proven wrong and the weather has been nice and relatively wind free.

I was in the student union building today and I overheard a conversation about sleep paralysis and about how amazing the two people talking about it thought it was. This got me thinking about my own incident of sleep paralysis. I'll never forget it, I was in my first apartment in Albuquerque. I didn't care for it much.

Some interesting truths were revealed on Lost yesterday, including one delicious irony. Jacked hated Ben Linus, for factual reasons true, but largely just because of his personality. What's funny, as we learned last night, was that Jack is actually largely responsible for Ben's personality today by his unwillingness to save his life drove Sawyer to take him to The Others to heal. When you insert time travel into the equation, wackiness always ensues. 

We also learn that Kate did an awful lot of blabbing about what the Oceanic 6 were really up to. She told two people, that we know, that their whole story was a lie. I don't know if this line will go anywhere (probably won't), but it would be interesting to see if she told anybody else. Something else was also revealed about Kate last night, but a point that me and one of the sibling units (SU) disagree about. In the episode, Kate revealed that she was going back to the island to find Claire, the mother of Aaron, the child she had been looking after. I had believed previously that she went back because of Sawyer, and that may be true, but so could this story. My SU, however, doesn't seem to put much into this reason for her going back.

We shall see.... all shall be revealed. 

But I had another interesting thought about Lost yesterday. I wondered if the whole story had been written before they started filming or if they had been making it up as they go along? I suspect they must have had a least some idea of where the story was going before they even started writing it because things are getting VERY complex. It would be hard, if not impossible, to keep everything together if they did it all on they fly. But then again, some people seem to remember these alternate story lines better than I do, so maybe they do remember them.

Oh, and if forgot the obligatory bathroom electrical update. Actually, there isn't one. I thought the guy was going to come while I was gone yesterday, but he didn't. Maybe he came today? So my outlet still works, but the overhead lights do not. 


No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.