Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday April 9

I had a busy day yesterday, so I wasn't able to write much, but I do have a few things to say:

First of all, the Connecticut women's basketball team winning the national title, and doing so by going 39-0, and not for the first time either. I don't follow women's basketball, but does anybody else find something about this sort of domination very wrong? How can a team that plays 39 games not lose a single one twice in a decade? I'm all for dynasties, but that is just overkill to me. One could argue that this may not even be a dynasty at all because to me, to be a true dynasty, you need a half-way decent foe (ala Lakers-Celtics or Cowboys-49ers), and this UConn obviously did not have.

Second, I saw a horrible display of douche bagginess yesterday that cannot go uncommented on. I went to campus yesterday and, because I'm sick of tickets, I used a meter. A strange thing was happening, though. This car, obviously driven by a Greek (douche bad sign #1), kept backing in and out of spaces. I was quite perplexed as to why, until I realized that he was simply looking for a meter that still had time on it so he didn't have to pay. Seems weird, but somewhat reasonable until I realized that this guy already had a student resident parking sticker and could park for free not even 50 yards over! In the same lot!  And of course, he was wearing flip-flops (douche bag sign #2 and more on this later).

Ugh. People are such retards. 

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.