Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday April 13

Feeling pretty calm and relaxed today. I'm sure the three kava's have nothing to do with that, though. That's probably a bit too many, but public finance on Monday can stress me out sometimes and I felt like I could use the extra help. 

I kept my resolution of doing absolutely nothing today, until class that is. I would say it has been a pretty good day. I went to the gym, cleaned Penelope out, got caught up on The Soup (why is it I can never remember to watch that one on Friday) and yes, watched a little bit of Keeping up with the Kardashians while the Cubs were on rain delay. I tried really, really hard to stay away, but the tv selections at noon on Monday are surprisingly slim. Oh well, no biggie.

Speaking of the Cubs, they are off to a pretty good start. In my goal to follow more baseball, I figured I needed a team to follow if I was going to be successful at all, and since everybody in my house already likes the Cubs, it seemed like a natural choice. Their starting rotation is looking pretty solid (bull-pen, not so much) and they are getting people on base. Lilly was just a monster today... 8k's, 1 hit and only 2 walks and well on his way to picking up the win... excellent.... just excellent. 

I forgot to watch Breaking Bad last night, so I don't really have any comments on it today. For some reason, no matter how much I like the show, I can never remember those shows that come on on Sunday night. I did the same thing with Mad Men last fall. Perhaps I should set my phone reminder.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.