Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday April 27

* Another day, another hysteria. In the midst of the HIV, hantavirus , Y2K, bird flu, anthrax, swome flu you have to wonder what the limit of human fear is? Is it really that easy to work people up into a frenzy?

Had a pretty decent day today. I was going to finish up some stuff for the last week of school, but I figured that for my sanity, I needed to take it easy today. I did some cleaning and decided, once and for all, to ditch the sham-wow. What a piece of junk that thing is. I prefer my paper towels. I also did some laundry... funny thing there, when I went to get my stuff out of the dryer, it wasn't there. The guy who was there thought that it was his roomate's and folded it and put it in a bag.... no big deal... at least I caught it before he took it home and I got my laundry folded for me... sweet.

I also came to realization today, when it comes to friendship, neediness doesn't work. Some of the biggest mistakes I've made in my relationships have come from the fact that I was too clingy, I whined too much, and I took every slight as a grave personal offense. You shouldn't have to work at friendships, nor should you feel bad when that person doesn't give you exactly what you want whenever you want it. One should be more comfortable spending time with themselves and not need people's approval all the time.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.