Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday April 11

I've come to a conclusion. To some people, I just have nothing to say. Not that I dislike them or don't value their friendship, I just have nothing to say to them and we have nothing in common. 

When I'm bored, one of the first things I typically do is pick up the phone and start texting people. Or I open the IM and start sending instant messages. Or open facebook/myspace and start leaving random messages on people's pages, usually those that I haven't talked to in forever and still have actually nothing to say to. Is this a constructive habit or not? I'm not sure. I suspect that there are better things to be doing with my bored and idle moments rather than pestering people with inane small talk.

Today was a pretty good day overall. I was actually quite productive. I didn't particularly feel like working out, but was still up early, so I decided to crank out my public finance reading before lunch. Man, I hate that class more every single day. Corporate taxation? What a bitch of a subject that is. I'm usually pretty worthless before lunch, but I've been trying harder to be more productive in the morning hours. I mean, I'm usually up at 7. It's stupid to just waste the whole morning like that.

I still had some macro work to do, but since I wanted to get out for a bit, I decided to go down to the library to finish that up. I'm trying to get out of the habit of spending my weekends there (how lame, right?), but sometimes that's just the best place to go, especially on a holiday weekend.  This assignment took a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would and I still can't say with any certainty that I did it correctly. It doesn't really matter anyway, homeworks don't count for much. I also had wanted to do some statistical work on SAS, but wasn't able to since the lab that has it was closed today. I did, however, finish some other random do-dads on my paper. I've about run out of stalling on this thing and am going to have to do my statistical analysis soon. I'm putting it off until the very end though and there are still a few more things I can do.

When I came home, I thought that the apartment (still haven't found a good name for it yet) was looking a little shabby, so I did some cleaning. I bought some sham-wow's to test out, and while I can't say that I was blown away, I think they are certainly better than paper towels and I can just throw them in the washing machine and not have to keep buying more. Good times.

And what better way to finish the day than by watching My Cousin Vinny?

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.