Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday April 17

It occurred to me today that Walgreens is a very elitist company. Most retail stores that I know of go out of their way to make sure that their managers are called by their first names, the employees do it (over the intercom, in person, etc) and they usually have only first names on their name tags. Walgreens, however, goes out of its way to make sure all the managers are called Mr. or Mrs. I first noticed it when they announced their names over the intercom, but what was especially weird was that they have Mr. or Mrs. Whatever on their name tags..... no mention of the first name. This is only done with the managers too. The regular employees have their first names only on their tags. Why do they do this when no other company (that I know of) does?

Strange win for the Cubs today in a roller coaster game. I pretty much thought they were sunk until that 2 run jack by Alfonso Soriano in the bottom of the 8th. How many players are there in the MLB that can strike out 3 times in a game, yet, hit the game winning home run and have everybody consider that a perfectly normal game? The bullpen almost blew it again when Marmol let the first two batters get on in the top of the 8th..... but yeah, it was not to be. 

SAS is still giving me headaches. What should be a fairly simple operation, uploading data from Excel to SAS, is totally beyond me. I just can't figure it out! I'm probably going to have to do it manually, but that will take a while.... good thing this project isn't due for a few weeks.


No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.