Monday, March 30, 2009

Tuesday March 31

31 day months... I hate those... they seem so.... long? I bet if the Inca's were still around they would laugh at our feeble, nonsensical calender.

Woke up today in a crummy mood and it never really got better. No particular reason for, just the little things that have been building up that don't seem to be getting any better. Tuesday tends to be a bad mood day for me because of public finance on Monday night. I hate that class. With a fiery passion. Yesterday was no exception. We got our exams back, one that I had literally prepared for months for, to be greatly disappointed in my 83%. Way better than everybody else, but that's a pretty discouraging grade considering the trouble I went to for that exam. He gave us the chance to re-do it, with some sort of weird weighting system, that could potentially lower my score if I do worse. I can't imagine how I could do better, especially since I don't know what I did wrong and the material is not 3 weeks old... oye.... why give me such decisions when I'm already in a pissy mood.

He did say something, though, last night that I think was correct. At some point you really have to really stop worrying about grades and start to focus more on actually learning the material... that's what I tried to do and look where it got me... no better than I was. But I suppose the fact that I'm still thinking about this test tells me that I'm not there yet and the fact that I'm still worried over my econometrics test further stresses that point.

Ah yes.... econometrics... I've concluded that I'm woefully beyond my skill level in that class right now. I've never done any work with matrix algebra before and it is really starting to show. I think I'm going to have to swallow my pride and go ask the professor for help. Worst case scenario, I bomb the test, but since our lowest scores aren't weighted as much, it still wouldn't be too bad, but there I go again, thinking about the test and not actually knowing the material.

Looking at the bigger picture of life, though, I realize that I am hopelessly lost. Government work? Ugh. Private sector? Sounds better, but doing what? Maybe business consulting would be nice... ah yes, that would be.

Noticed that my blogger account has a "monetize" option now... am I special, or did they do this for everybody? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my blog is particularly popular... I'm pretty sure it isn't... perhaps they do that to all blogs after a certain number of posts... maybe 50... I noticed I passed that not too long ago.


No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.