Monday, March 2, 2009

Hypomania in Minor

I freely admit that I've been coming down with a rather mild case of hypomania lately. Every now and then I get this urge to start to focus on, and spend hours doing, stuff that I shouldn't have to worry about until way, way down the line. Stuff like my macro test (which isn't until March 13th), my econometrics test (which isn't due until May) and even my Public Finance paper, which isn't due until May, are already on my radar.

I suppose it is good to be ready for this stuff. The paper, for example, is something that will take awhile and will need some time, but seriously, sometimes I need to get a grip. One of the key lessons that I still need to come to terms with is the fact that it's ok to do nothing. A moment that is not spent on school work is not a moment wasted. I was understanding this for a while, but it is starting to slip away again.

What it really all comes down to is a battle between the old and the new. I used to worry about this stuff all the time and it about drove me to the brink of madness. I can't let this sort of thing take control of me again. I seriously need to take a chill pill.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.