Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday March 28

Overall, I would say that my trip to Farmington for Spring Break was a success. I relaxed a little bit, watched some movies, and hung out with a few friends. Most importantly, perhaps, is that some lessons were learned.

First lesson is that me Mystery Girl will never be. We had a good thing for a while, but her true colors shined through this week. She's a liar, a sneak, and a two-faced coward and I am most definitely better off without her. Still, though, it is hard to give her up. I had strong feelings for her and I know she did for me too, but ultimately, I think she's a loser and somebody who will get me nowhere.

The second lesson, related to the first, is that some people are just train wrecks who will never change their colors. Perhaps these are the kinds of people who need friends the most, yet they inevitably bring the people around them down to their level. For too long, I was one of those people. I have allowed myself to be influenced by the toxic people that I surround myself with and it has had a huge impact on my mood. One thing I realized this trip is that there are enough good people in my life that I no longer have to bother with the bad.

Oh! And the most important thing I learned during the break was that I'm still cancer free.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.