Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday September 15

Woke up this morning in a royally terrible mood. I didn't get a text message all day, but suddenly, at 11:30, when I'm trying to sleep, everybody has something to say. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter, not like I was sleeping anyway. My body was tired, but I think my brain was a little overstimulated and refused to shut-down. That happens from time to time. Damned Facebook will be the death of me.

But I also got caught in that dangerous self-pity web that I've been doing a somewhat better job of staying out of, but not entirely. I get so obsessed with thinking about things that I don't have, I forget to appreciate what I do. I forget that trying to dramatically alter myself and my personality is a losing battle. This isn't the movies, you can't really change who you are. Little things here and there, maybe, but ultimately it's all about acceptance. The truly successful people aren't those who are perfect, rather, those in who believe in themselves and have confidence, despite their flaws.

----------

NFL week 1 was bitter sweet. The Cowboys won, and played pretty well in the process. I have hopes for this team. I think they are in a better position this year because: 1) they got rid of some of the fluff (I'm looking at you T.O.) and 2) they went relatively unnoticed this off-season. The last two seasons they have suffered from the terrible curse of high expectations. When you build a team up so much, odds are they will disappoint. A large percentage of the best teams the last few years have been those that have gone under the radar (think Arizona Cardinals). Two promising developments.

On the other hand, however, my fantasy team stunk it up. To be fair, in both leagues I was going against the guy (same guy, actually), who got lucky enough to draft Adrian Peterson, who is nothing short of a fantasy machine. But generally, my teams just stunk it up. Part of it was my fault, I made some ill advised line-up decisions in WR area, but other parts were just crappy play, most notably by my quarterback Kurt Warner. Quarterbacks have been the bane of my fantasy existence the last few years and so far, it looks like history is repeating itself once again. Kurt is my ol' reliable, though, so I'm hoping he will pull through. If not, I got a hungry Trent Edwards waiting in reserve.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.