Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back to the Gym

So, for the first time since about July, I was finally able to hit the gym for a serious workout; with lifting and everything! I had used the cardio machine downstairs a few times and had taken my doggie out for a walk, but to me, anything that doesn't include pumping iron isn't really exercise.

I wasn't as weak as I had anticipated being. I wasn't able to lift near what I was, but I wasn't using the old lady weights either like i had thought. I did a few things with dumb bells, but I'll probably use more machines until I get my strength back up close to where it was before. After all, I don't want to hurt myself after I just started going back to gym. Wouldn't I feel foolish haha.

As I anticipated, I'm pretty darn sore today. Not as sore as I expected, but when I woak up, I thought I wouldn't be able to move my arm there for a second because my triceps hurt so bad. I had wanted to go back today, but I had some other (damn) business to take care of. I'm going to try and get in two more days this week, tomorrow, then on Thanksgiving, whenever the gym is open.

One thing sort of disappointed me yesterday and, as usual, it's totally my fault. I had a good workout; I was doing well, but the (almost) first thing I did when I got home is blew it all on the mother of all pizza benders. WHY CAN'T I EVER USE ANY SELF CONTROL? I dunno, I'm just lame like that.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.