Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Retail Annoyances

Allow me, if you will, a second to rant. You people, and you know who you are, who go shopping and insist on taking the most amount of time possible regardless of how many people are behind you really get on my nerves.

These people fall into three basic groups:

1) Coupon users: One coupon is fine, but what is the deal with those who hold up a line to save 10 cents on a jar of generic peanuts? I was in Wal-Greens today and when I walked in, this old lady was at the register checking out. I walked around, got a few things, then when I came to the checkout, that lady was still there! Seriously, have you no consideration for people who are in a hurry?

2) Coin counters: What people who don't work retail don't realize is that, as part of our job performance evaluation, most register transactions are timed. While it may seem like a good idea to you to count out 5 dollars in nickels one-by-one digging through your purse, it is profoundly annoying to the person at the register at the people behind you.

3) Check writers: These people, like the coupon users, tend to be old. I find checks to be an extremely dated medium, but if you feel you must, and the option is available, please, let the cashier use the autofill so you don't have to write it all out. I know computers are big and scary, but please, save everybody some time and just take the risk.

Anyway, that's all.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.