Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Big Apple

I'm in New York City this weekend. My father had a business trip and since I was still in town and not able to be in school, we all thought it would be a good idea for me to tag along sort of as a birthday/post-cancer/early Christmas trip. I've never been to the city before and I have to say that I find it quite overwhelming to the senses. Especially in times square where our hotel is. All the people, all the cars, all the lights, all the noise reminds you that you are definitely not in Kansas anymore [1].

The trip is super organized, which is how I prefer to travel. I guess I just have no sense of adventure, but so what, it works for me. Getting out of town, to a place I've never been and that is totally unlike home is exactly what I needed. As I wrote in my last blog, I've been feeling sort of bland and like a walking zombie. I can't say that I'm refreshed totally yet, but the brisk NYC weather is making me feel more and more alive.


[1] I know, it's cliche, and especially unforgivable considering I've never even been to Kansas.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.