Friday, January 9, 2009

The First Full (bad) Day

Today pretty much sucked. As most bad days go, it started well enough, but once the tide turns, it turns fast and hard. It started w/ my meeting with the adviser who got me set up in the program. He was nice enough, he just didn't give me all that much confidence that I'm really making the right move and that I'm a good fit in the program. He harped a lot on my relatively weak math background, which I knew coming in, but I didn't think it was as big a deal as it might turn out being. Of course, it could be just my imagination, and odds are, things will turn out fine, but that's not what I need to be hearing when I'm trying to re-build my life.

But a challenge is what I need. I've been swimming in a sea of lethargy for far too long and it's time to move on.

I'm currently in the process of moving into my new place. It's an interesting place and a certain architectural quirk could help in my physical goals for the semester, it has a lot of mirrors, full-body mirrors. Is there any more incentive to tone up than having to look at your fat self constantly. Speaking of which, my physical condition is really pathetic, I'm the heaviest I have ever been and I was getting winded while walking around campus.

In any event, I need to keep my motivation going and not let people put me into a funk like they did today. I need to keep my confidence and stay positive.

1 comment:

Ren said...

It'll get better, kik.

Atticus

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.