Friday, January 16, 2009

The Grind

Today is one of those days. My temptations are pummeling me on all sides and it's hard enough when one comes at you, even tougher when they gang up. Do I binge on the pizza and ice cream? Do I email so-and-so and let hu (human) know about a perceived -although likely false- injustice? Do I call so-and-so to discuss a certain problem? Do I pester so-and-so so relentlessly via text that this person tells me, essentially, to shut up? Do I allow the negative thoughts that so often creep into my mind win out?

These problems, however, are actually secondary. They are part of a much larger struggle; do I fall back into my old patterns and ways or do I move on and become something new? It's a daily battle. The old way is easy and comfortable, that's why I keep going back to it time and time again. The old way, however, made me miserable and essentially took what should have been some of the best years of my life away from me. The old me had answers to the above problems, but what is the new me to do?

I'm almost tempted to go to the extreme, George Costanzaesqe solution. I know exactly what the old me would do, should I just take that, and simply do the opposite? Does that actually work in real life?

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.