Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No Interesting Title

It's been a long time coming, but it is getting really really close. Time to move off and start my life again in a new town, starting graduate school. The whole thing is starting to make me very nervous and the nerves are starting to overtake my other emotions. It certainly doesn't help matters that, over the last few days, I've been drinking the sodas like it is nobody's business. I should probably stop that at some point.

I think there is something wrong with me. I should be excited, this is a new and wonderful phase in my life and a great chance at a new beginning. Yet, I'm not excited in the slightest. It is really part of a much larger problem of me being bland and emotionless in general in my life.

I need to get back my spark, the spark I haven't had since high school.

In other news, I went to the doctor today for a 3 month follow-up and when they weighed me I was horrified to see that I am now, officially, the highest weight I have ever been. I shouldn't have been surprised. I knew it was going to be bad; I haven't been working out and my metabolism was already shot to hell from all the chemo, but I still wasn't totally prepared to see it there in black and white. I suppose that is the one thing that I AM excited about, the new opportunity to get my body and fitness level back on track. I find it difficult to do that here at home.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.