Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday May 11

By most respects it was a pretty crappy day. Not that the events were bad per-se, I just feel wrong about them. One event was not at all a huge surprise, but was just further confirmation that a relationship with a person who was once very special to me is officially dead. Yeah, it's been on life support for a long time and I had essentially moved on, but this weekend, I was sucked back in and learned enough to wish I hadn't been. Oh well. At least I know, right?

The other event was extremely shocking. I learned that a friend of mine is pregnant and frankly, it was the last person I would have expected. It's good news and all and very happy for her. But at the same time, it has really forced me to step back and take a hard look at my own situation and see that my own social situation is still quite pathetic. I guess you could say I'm jealous. My friends are finding happiness with people left and right and here I am, still just me. I know I shouldn't look at it in such a self-centric way, but sometimes this bubbling of emotion gets to me.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.