Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday May 25

Had a pretty good day today... had a good work out and actually cracked open my bible for the first time in a long while. I read the story of Job, which is probably the most relatable in the whole Bible because I think everybody has felt like him at times. What struk me this time, though, was what the story has to say about friendship. Job's friends are essentially useless, and it's a good reminder that friends or not, they are people, and people will often times let you down. Not to say that friends aren't worth it, but you need to keep the whole thing in perspective and not think TOO highly of them because, as flawed humans do, they will let you down.

I also went and saw Terminator: Salvation today. I was looking forward to this movie, but was totally unimpressed by it. The special effects were nice, but the story and the speaking parts were just lame. The ending, too, was just terrible. There's a lot they can still do with this story, though, and I hope they heed what all the critics are saying about this one and do some serious work before the next one.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.