Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday May 16

I had a pretty good day today, pretty chillaxed. I went on sort of a pizza and ice cream bender yesterday and wasn't really feeling all that up to going to the gym when I woke up. I, however, conquered through and went anyway. It was by no means a great workout, but it wasn't terrible, and I was there at least. 

Speaking of the pizza and ice cream thing... those are two really terrible vices of mine that have been around since the bad old days when I first got to NMSU. My junk food benders reached their apex my first year at UNM, slowed off since then, but never really went away. I tell myself every Saturday morning when I wake up with a massive stomach ache that it wasn't really worth it, but sure as can be, I'm back on the stuff again in not too long. I don't know why I treat my body so, it being a temple and all.

Spent most of the day locked up in my room. I watched a movie, Amores Perros, then read a little bit of my Andrew Jackson biography. It was the first book on my reading list that I vowed to tackle. I first bought it when I was on chemo and read a little bit of it until my energy level wouldn't allow reading during treatment anymore. I hadn't picked it up since. That's the way it is with a lot of stuff I started during chemo. It has a bad association, so I didn't pick it up again. I guess the best thing I can do is just chip away at it slowly over time.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.