Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday May 21

I'm in a pretty terrible mood tonight. I was supposed to have an outing with a friend today who decided that she would rather stay in bed than go do something. We probably could have met later, but she didn't seem too interested anymore, so I just said forget it (although in a nice way). That, in and of itself, isn't a huge thing. It happens. What's annoying, however, is that it has been happening a lot lately. People are either blowing me off for meetings, not answering my texts, not responding to my facebook/myspace messages, and each subsequent event is going to sour you more than the situation would normally call for. 

But that begs another question, why am I the one that always has to make the first contact? Why am I the one who always has to ask people if they want to hang out? Why does it always seem like such a damn chore with some people to want to go out with me? I understand people are busy, but aren't I entitled to a little goddamn respect every now and then?

I had been in the process of re-evaluating the people I call my friends and I thought I was done with that, but I guess not.

No comments:

What I'm Reading

The Return of The Great Depression by Vox Day

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Followers

About Me

A blog of my post-cancer life.